ASU Career Services DEMO
This page demonstrates how TwoWks can be used to help ASU students land their dream job.
TwoWks is social software that helps you accomplish all of your personal goals and aspirations. To start off, we help you figure out the best action plan for your unique situation. If you don't have a referral code, we'll connect you to a group of accountability partners (based on your age, location and interests) who will periodically motivate and reenergize you. From there, three things will happen every two weeks:
Step 1: Update Log
First, you will update your Goal Progression Log. This tool is intuitive enough to accelerate your progress and improve your overall mindset.
Step 2: Send Joy
Next, you will view one of your group members’ Goal Progression Logs to write a positive comment or observation. This is called, “Sending Joy”.
Step 3: Receive Joy
Finally, someone else will look at your Goal Progression Log and say something motivational or reenergizing. We call this, “Receiving Joy”.
THIS PROCESS REPEATS EVERY TWOWKS
How can this help me land a job?
TwoWks will remind you to take small steps toward your ideal occupation and your fellow students or alumni will become accountability partners to motivate you to keep going until you succeed.
When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren't the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.
- Arsene Wenger
won't be a question
After the six months, you will have a 20+ page Portfolio that will detail everything you did to make yourself the best candidate for the job. While everyone else will be coming to the interview with a thin resume and cover letter, you will have a robust book that narrates the story of your journey.
Total time commitment: About 40 minutes per month.
What will you be doing?
- Bi-Weekly Reports detailing the small steps you have been taking (automatically generated by using TwoWks)
- Half-page Dissertations about topics related to your desired occupation (optional, but boosts your Portfolio)
- Building Relationships with Executives over positions you want to fill (optional, but boosts your Portfolio)
- Acquiring Mentors to show your ability to learn from others in the field (optional, but boosts your Portfolio)
- Educating Mentees to show your leadership capabilities (optional, but boosts your Portfolio)
- Volunteer and/or Freelance Work to boost your hands-on experience (optional, but boosts your Portfolio)
- Interviews with people working the same or similar positions as the one you hope for - so you know what to expect
Want to learn more?
The following videos are from our introductory bootcamp (training). They go into detail about how TwoWks works.
*The following content was pulled from Week #1 - Tutorial #1 of the TwoWks Bootcamp
Creating your first Goal Progression Log
The example used here is "Hike Mount Everest". That is probably not one of your goals so watch the next video to learn how to customize the Goal Progression Log to suit your situation.
The Goal Progression Log makes it easy to take steps toward MULTIPLE goals/goal categories at once. Next week (Tutorial #2), we will go into "Finding and defining goals worth pursuing". For this week, let's focus on getting you comfortable with using TwoWks.
Follow these instructions when creating your first Goal Progression Log:
Make the goal title “Complete Bootcamp” and fill out the rest of the information similar to this image. Set the start date for today and the end date for four weeks from now. Once you click 'Save' it will ask you for the Log's fields. Instructions for fields will be explained next.
Using Goal Progression Log Templates
On the previous page, we explained Goal Categories. Each category has Templates that will help you accomplish associated goals.
Templates were created to help you accomplish specific goals. For each goal, the Template will provide a list of suggested; [a] Tasks (things to do), [b] UnProductives (things to avoid), [c] Ratings (things you can rate yourself on from 1 to 10), [d] Weekly Questions and [e] Monthly Questions. You can use all of the Template’s suggestions or just a few of them. Browse our selection - there are dozens to choose from.
Your first Template
You are going to learn a lot of awesome information during the next couple weeks. Commit yourself to tracking all of the fields in the template below. This will help you maximize the benefit you receive from this bootcamp.
This is what your page should look like when you're finished.
There are three ways to Send Joy
Method 1: From the Dashboard page, click 'Send Joy'
Method 2: Click ‘Roster’ then click ‘Goals’ next to the person you want to view.
Method 3: You will automatically be taken to a group member’s Goal Log when you submit your own.
Send Joy Suggestions
Compliment the recipient on what they are doing or the progress they made toward their goal.
Write a short update on your personal progress in relation to your goals.
Based on your personal experience, give the recipient some tips, strategies or advice.
Share a motivational or inspirational story that may be relevant to the goal they are pursuing.
Talk about something positive that happened to you as a result of you pursuing your own goals.
According to the recipients Goal Log, do you see any improvement? Explain why or why not.
Talk about how your month is going in general.
We are very confident that you will make steady progress toward your goals if you simply continue this process of Updating your Goal Log, Sending Joy and Receiving Joy.
When you Update your Goal Log, you are;
1. Reminding yourself of the actionable steps you need to take to reach your goals
2. Making sure that you are actually taking those steps and
3. Measuring the progress toward your goals
When you Send Joy, you are;
1. Socializing with them in a productive and uplifting manner.
2. Strengthening friendships through mutual responsibility and genuine care. And
3. Letting your group members know they are not alone in their endeavors. It is a reminder that their progress is being seen and appreciated by others. Sending Joy boosts group members accountability and motivation.
When you Receive Joy, you should;
1. Be appreciative of the fact that you have a group of people willing to support you as you pursue your dreams.
2. Be perceptive of the positive intentions your group members have for you. And
3. Use their encouragement as fuel to take you to your next milestone!
Make sure you give your Referral Code to the people you invite.
GO AFTER IT!
You have completed the training for Week 1. Just 14 more days until you are a certified TwoWks'er! A link to Tutorial #2 will be emailed to you in seven days. If you can't wait, here is a preview.
Make sure to set your phone alarms/reminders and try to update your Goal Progression Log everyday (for this first week). Figure out a routine that works for your schedule and GO AFTER IT!
*If you haven't subscribed to our mailing list then you won't receive links to next weeks Interactive Training (Finding and Defining Goals Worth Pursuing). You are not going to wanna miss out so enter your email below.